The involvement of our Developer Services Division ideally starts during the mapping/development phase of a new community – prior to the recording of the governing documents. The experienced Beacon team reviews maps, documents and initial plans to identify potential problems the developer may experience. This early involvement allows management to gain a better understanding of the entire project, including land characteristics, product offerings, sales projections and association involvement.
Why should choose Beacon Developer Services Division To Build Your New Community.
Beacon’s Developer Services Division manages newly developed communities from their conception, through design, build-out, and through transition of community management to homeowner boards and committees, and on through all facets of long-term property and administrative management and support.
Our developer’s mock-up program assists developers through the establishment of a home owner association and transition of community government to association. Beacon’s professionals manage the newly developing community and perform as liaison between developer and homeowners. Our HOA transition expert meticulously manages a seamless transition, to fully enable all administrative programs and processes necessary for the long-term sustainability of the community.
The Beacon expert conducts the general meetings of homeowners during the transition phase, guides the body of homeowners through nomination and election of a homeowner association board and formation of supporting committees for community monitoring and betterment programs.
The Beacon professional guides the new board through its early period of regular meetings, coaching the board members on rules of order, points of adherence to its corporate bylaws and its community’s formal covenants, conditions and restrictions, as well as on local ordinances and state and federal laws.
The Beacon expert further provides guidance and suggestions for the roles of various committees. After official turnover of the association by the property manager from the developer to the homeowners’ elected association Board, the Beacon property management expert will stay on for a designated final transition phase to provide all necessary guidance and support for the board, and may continue beyond the transfer, to provide some or all property management services (at the discretion of the homeowner board).
Construction Project Management Services
Beacon Developer Services assists through the earliest stages of mapping a new HOA or condominium property. Working with the developer before recording governing documents permits our team to review initial plans and documents in order to provide insights that can help the developer avoid problems and reduce costs and optimize sales projections and demographics accommodations that can significantly enhance the association’s development.
Closings — Our highly experienced closing associates work closely with settlement agents nationwide, to ensure a positive closing process for buyer and seller.
Accounting Systems — Financial strength and stability of the community is the foundation of its long-term success. Beacon’s excellent accounting team provides fully digital Accounts Payable, Receivable and General Ledger reporting available online for access around the clock.
Financial Reporting — Beacon developer services provides consistently accurate monthly financial reports that the association management must be able to rely upon to function. Reports are designed for easy reading and are available online for convenient review 24/7.
Onsite Staff — For communities that need on-site staff, whether building and grounds maintenance and/or housekeeping only, or also on-site office management personnel, Beacon provides a full-service HR Department.
Total Builder and Developer Solutions Include:
- Sales meeting attendance to educate teams on association-specific issues
- Assistance in the completion of the reserve study
- Preparation of budgets including the estimated reserve contribution requirement
- Assistance with the selection of qualified professional contractors. The vendor qualification process includes verifying references, licensing and insurance. The list is continually reviewed to ensure that only vendors who meet and maintain the requirements are utilized.
- Oversight of board meetings including special elections and annual meetings
- Assistance with understanding the fiduciary responsibilities owed to the Association
- Initiation and allocation tracking of capital assessments and subsidy agreements
- Facilitation of Architectural Review Committee (ARC) review process and submittals
- Assistance with phased budgets for Fannie Mae (FNMA) approval process
- Facilitation of third party inspections and creation of warranty and maintenance manuals
- Tracking and preparation of common area turnover and transition documentation
- Assistance with homeowner correspondence and education to promote a sense of community from first occupancy.
For More Information
For more information about developer services for a new homeowner association or condominium property, or about other construction project management services in the Atlanta region, contact Beacon Management Atlanta at (404) 907-2112.